amazon

Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Wings

Unfortunately for my every-sport loving husband I really don't like football. I find it to be mindless, barbaric, and honestly just boring. The only part of football that I enjoy is the Super Bowl part- not watching the game itself but the food culture of Super Bowl parties. So even though I have not been invited back to a party since the time I fell asleep during the Giants-Patriots Super Bowl (apparently a super exciting one), I still love to make all the snacks and nibbles that these parties are famous for. Recently, a glutton for punishment and in the mood for the heartburn pain that always comes with spicy wings, I made these. They are not exactly healthy, but instead of deep frying them like many recipes call for, I only lightly fried them which saves lots of unnecessary calories.

To make them:
1 kilo (around 2 pounds) chicken wings, each one separated into 2 pieces
Flour- seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder)
1/2 cup of Hot Sauce ( My fave is Frank's- you can find it in Israel at CheaperKol in Givat Shaul)
1/4 cup of honey
2 Tblspoons brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
Sesame seeds
Oil for frying

Preheat the oven to broil. Make sure the wings are dry and dredge them in the flour. Heat the oil and lightly fry each wing till they are crispy. In the meantime, heat the hotsauce, honey, brown sugar and garlic powder in a pot. When the wings are fried, dip each into the sauce, lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Broil for about 5-8 minutes. Broiling will make them super-crispy but because there is honey and sugar in the sauce make sure to watch them carefully so they don't burn.
Enjoy with a nice glass of Alka-Seltzer.

Comments

  1. Faye, these wings look friggin' awesome. how come you cant make this stuff when we come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! i may have to book a trip to you ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I licked the screen of my smart phone. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT photo. I don't even like wings, but these look really appealing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fagie I made these wings and they came out spectacular! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally was over at my sister Faye (owner an head chef at The Gush Gourmet)and had these wings. They were spectacular. Thanks Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. can theese be fried and put in the fridgethe day before than sauced and broiled??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts