amazon

Mozzarella Crusted Stuffed Sole

It's time to make a confession. I am hopelessly and gloriously obsessed with spinach. I feel the need to unburden this because I have gotten a lot of comments about how often spinach appears in my posts (and for that matter, ricotta.) I tried to deny it,  cover it up with other ingredients but alas I have decided to come clean so that I can cook with spinach without guilt. Ah, it feels good to be set free. So here is another recipe that unabashedly features my favorite green leaf where a few simple ingredients come together to make a masterpiece. I had a craving for fish but didn't want just boring old broiled fish and after combing through my refrigerator I came up with this. I presented this for dinner accompanied by roasted garlic mashed potatoes and we felt like we were eating at a fancy restaurant- but it only took half an hour to make!

1/2 a bag of frozen leaf spinach, drained and chopped
1 pkg button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 garlic clove, diced
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup bread crumbs
8 Tbl Mozzarella cheese, divided
2 fillets of Sole, Flounder, or thin Halibut
salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash seasoning, to taste


Preheat the oven to 350. Saute the mushrooms and garlic in a little oil and season with salt and pepper. When they are almost finished cooking add the spinach and cook, making sure to re-season. Add the egg yolk, bread crumbs and 4 tablespoons of Mozzarella into the mushroom mixture. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper and place half of the mixture on the widest part of the fish. Roll up, secure with toothpicks and lay the rolls seam side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with some Mrs. Dash and bake at 350 for about 12  minutes. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Mozzarella and broil for another 3-5 minutes.



Comments

  1. This looks so gorgeous and sounds delicious, but I would never make it for myself. It sounds like too much trouble. Would you make it for me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts