amazon

Asparagus and Baby Bella Rigatoni with Boursin Cream Sauce

The title is a mouthful but this dish took only 20 minutes to make! If you haven't noticed, I've been on hiatus for a while, but now I am back in full swing and ready to go blog-happy. One ingredient I've been dying to cook with is asparagus. It has a small season in Israel and isn't that easy to find, not to mention quite expensive. When I mentioned to my mother that I wanted to cook with asparagus she brought me home beautiful bunches of green and white asparagus to experiment with. I have so many ideas for the asparagus that it was hard to figure out which one to try first but I settled on this. Although it sounds too heavy for the summer heat, this dish is surprisingly light and has great fresh taste from the ripe summer tomatoes and asparagus. I picked up some baby portabella mushrooms and Boursin cheese ( a creamy, flavored French cheese spread that is DELICIOUS) from TBSITW and put this all together. They sell Boursin in most stores in Israel, I see it in my local supermarket all the time, but if you can't find baby portabellas you can use either regular portabellas or plain old button mushrooms. Either way, this pasta is easy on the eyes and easier to scarf down. Enjoy!

1 lb. Rigatoni pasta
2 Tbl oil
1 1/2 pounds baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1/2 a bunch of green asparagus, stalk peeled and sliced into thirds
2 ripe roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup pasta water (reserved)
2 tsp no-msg chicken bouillon (optional)
1 pkg Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese spread
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta in salted water. 4-5 minutes before the pasta is cooked add the asparagus to the water and cook until the pasta is ready. Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water. In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the mushrooms over high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper until there is no liquid in the pan and the mushrooms are golden. Add the pasta water, bouillon, garlic powder and cheese and mix to make the sauce. Add the pasta and asparagus and toss to combine. Turn off the heat and toss in the tomatoes. Serve warm.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts