amazon

Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

Wow. Yum.
I know something like mashed potatoes is so simple and ordinary but the flavor in these potatoes with all the dairy (read: fat) and using amazing Yukon potatoes and of course the wasabi really transformed  the potatoes to deliciousness. I served these with my maple-sesame salmon and together it was really a great 9 days meal. For the wasabi I used Gold's brand Wasabi sauce which I was really impressed with. It had great wasabi flavor without too much heat but if you like heat then skip the sauce and just use wasabi powder which would work just as well. It seems an odd combination at first but it really goes well and just adds great depth of flavor to plain old mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 Tbl butter
3 Tbl heavy cream
1/2-3/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbl Wasabi sauce
salt and pepper

Boil the potatoes in well salted water until full cooked. Drain and transfer to a bowl and immediately add the butter, cream and sour cream and mash well. Mix in the wasabi sauce  adding more if you want a stronger wasabi taste and add salt and pepper to taste.



                         

Comments

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds delicous. I know it's not the same, but I'll try a pareve version - it should be a great accompaniment to burgers or steak !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts