amazon

Banana Buttermilk Pancakes

I'm a fan of pancakes any which way. I firmly believe that they should not be limited to breakfast and that they can be eaten for any meal and at any time.  I've been experimenting with different pancake combinations (more to come) and I've loved every minute of it. These I made for a lucky house guest who was visiting us from the unholy land. I made them while he was still sleeping in the hopes that the smell of the pancakes wafting toward his room would wake him and send the message that I was hungry and it was time to eat. It worked (or was it the pan I loudly dropped outside his door that woke him up?) and we all thoroughly enjoyed. Making pancakes with buttermilk is classic and the milk adds a delightful tang and helps give the pancakes a soft and delicious spongy texture. Even if you are not a fan of buttermilk I recommend you try these although if you are really opposed you can just use more milk instead. Enjoy!

3 cups flour
4 Tbl sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
2 large ripe bananas, mashed

Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together and then fold in the mashed banana. Combine the dry into the wet mixture right before cooking . Spray a griddle or frying pan with cooking spray and place a quarter of a cup of the batter on the pan. Cook over medium heat until the top side is bubbling and then flip over and cook for another 45 seconds or so on the next side.




Comments

  1. Just wondering... based on what you "dropped" outside your "lucky" guest's door, did you leave out an ingredient for these pancakes that you were "experimenting" with? The smell WAS wafting around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so delicious they melted my face off!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts