amazon

Chocolatey Peanutty Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Let me tell you about my friend Joe. I only met him this summer but I fell in love with him when I discovered the amazing things he has to offer. He introduced me to the world of well priced, gourmet and organic food stuffs and I spent my limited time with him enamored. Other people already know him well and sometimes call him by his professional name, Trader Joe, but I like to think I'm on a first name basis with him. Ok, enough with my senseless rambling. Basically, Trader Joe's is heaven for foodies and I love the place. I know I'm a latecomer because everyone else has been going there for years but there has never been one near where I used to live or visit in America but this summer I discovered one will be opening near my in-laws and I made an effort to seek one out and start the getting to know you process. I can't even list the things I found there that made me happy but one thing I found were little mini chocolate peanut butter cups that were uber cute and delicious. I froze them and hauled them back with me with the intention of making some sort of heavenly cookie with them. Fast forward to now and this is what I've made. Peanut butter cookies studded with the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips and then just because I felt like going crazy, some Reese's peanut butter chips. Lordy, they are good. I'm serving these for Yom Kippur breakfast. If I can keep them away from my husband for that long. Enjoy!

3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup margarine (2 sticks) , softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbl milk
12 oz mini peanut butter cups
3/4  cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cream the margarine, sugars and peanut butter together until well combined and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla and milk . Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl and add it to the mixture. Fold in all the goodies.  Place rounded tablespoon fulls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake about 7-10 minutes until light browned. Don't over bake them- you want them to be a little soft when you take them out as they will firm up when they cool and you want them to be chewy.

Comments

  1. More recipes like this and I might actually have to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a lucky sampler who is a big chocolate and peanut butter fan, I must comment that I don't remember ever tasting a better cookie. These are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do you get parve peanut butter chips?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts