amazon

Chock full of Fall Pasta

I am back in America again for my sister's wedding and I am writing this as I look out the window at the most beautiful Fall foliage I have seen in a while. It's an absolutely breathtaking sight and one of the reasons I just love Fall. This pasta is the essence of Fall to me. It's a dish that is heavy but not Winter heavy with great Fall essence from the pumpkin, chard and mushrooms and you know how much I love me my pumpkin! I was surprised by how much my husband loved this- I mean it is definitely praise worthy but the ingredients are so simple that it's almost surprising how it all comes together so deliciously. Bottom line, take advantage of the fresh seasonal pumpkin and chard and make this for a quick dinner - you will NOT be disappointed!

1 lb pasta
1 small onion diced
2 tsp crushed garlic
1-2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
3 cups swiss chard (mangold or alei selek), rinsed and dried
2 boxes mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
4 Tbl butter
l 1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan
grated nutmeg

Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the cubed pumpkin, chard and mushrooms and saute another 2 minutes seasoning it wall with salt and pepper. Add the broth to the pan and cover the pan letting the vegetables steam cook until the pumpkin is fork tender (about 3 minutes). In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the cream until it just reaches a boil, lower and mix in the parmesan and a little grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Boil the noodles until they are al-dente and mix in the vegetables and all the juice from the pan. Mix the cream sauce in to the noodles and veggies and serve warm. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts