amazon

White Hot Chocolate ala Pumpkin Pie

Apparently, you thought I was joking when I said I was obsessed with pumpkin. Well, I wasn't. If I could put pumpkin in my hot chocolate than that should prove it to you. But don't be turned off by this seemingly odd combo- it tastes like a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte but way better I think because it has lots of white chocolate in it and it is really, really delicious. I served this for Gourmet Breakfast Sunday (unclear whether this is a permanent occurrence) with the Dutch Apple pancake so perhaps I overdid it with sweetness at that meal but drinking this was just purely comforting and the pumpkin just made me feel less bad about all the chocolate. Of course it didn't hurt that I made fresh whip cream ( a task that is so simple I don't know why I ever bought the canned stuff) or topped it with cinnamon and sipped it through a cinnamon stick - all the above made this one of the most decadent drinks I've ever had the pleasure to drink. Enjoy!

3 cups milk
2 cubes pumpkin puree, defrosted or 1 cup canned pumpkin
1 Tbl pumpkin pie spice 
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
200 grams white chocolate, chopped

Combine the milk and pumpkin in a sauce pan over low heat until the mixture is simmering- do not let it come to a boil! Add the pumpkin pie spice and salt and remove from heat. Add the vanilla and white chocolate and mix constantly until the chocolate is totally melted in. Serve with whip cream and cinnamon- yum!






Comments

  1. All are required to attend strike. In the event the show is selling extremely well, Sunday 2/25 will be used to add a matinee and extend the run. Currently, there’s only a small chance we will extend. Because of weather, sales may be down - and Thursday has not sold well at all. A decision will be made by Friday morning 2/23 (if not before).
    kizi Games online
    online game for kids
    friv 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts