amazon

Salmon Pasta Pesto

It's been a while since I've blogged and that can mostly be chalked up to our recent arrival in America. Right now I am soaking up the vacation rays by not shopping (for food), cooking or cleaning but this utopia will soon come to an end. I am excited, though, to start cooking with the ingredients I don't get to use all year like blueberries and asparagus but in the mean time here is a recipe I made after Shavuot with really just leftover I had around- poached salmon, pesto and more dairy ingredients than I knew what to do with including tons of cream that I ended up having to freeze for future use. I've already made clear how much I adore a good pasta with salmon here and this is a similar take on that pasta but with the bright and vibrant taste of pesto. Tossed with a rich and delicious pesto cream sauce this pasta just hit the spot and I can't wait to make it again soon. Enjoy!

1 lb pasta
3 Tbl butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams or 1 cup cream or half and half
1 cup milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 pound salmon
1/4-1/2 cup basil pesto
1/2 cup spring peas
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Coat the Salmon with 2 Tbl of the pesto and bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes until just tender. Alternatively, you can just take any leftover salmon and flake it up for this recipe. In a sauce pan melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic in it. Add the cream and milk and whisk over medium heat while it thickens. Add the Parmesan and whisk till it is melted and the sauce is thick and creamy. Remove from heat and add in the pesto using as much or as little as you want depending on how strong of  a pesto taste you want the pasta to have. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and keep warm. In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your pasta till it is al-dente. One minute before the pasta is done add the peas to the water and drain them together. Toss the pasta with the warm sauce and add in the flaked salmon and the lemon juice. Serve warm and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts