amazon

Chicken, Kale and Sundried Tomato Burgers

I love opening the fridge and trying to come up with dinner with whats in it because it makes me feel like I'm on my own version of "Chopped" (you can tell what I've been watching since I've gotten here). True, I'm not under any time constraint and I usually don't have any weird ingredients like cow eyeballs or gingered beets to try to incorporate-ok, I guess it's not like Chopped at all- but I still like to pretend I'm competing. This morning I opened the freezer to find an insane amount of ground chicken and some beautiful kale and sun dried tomatoes soaking in olive oil in the fridge. Ground chicken is not that flavorful on it's own and tends to be pretty dry so I figured adding lots of moist and yummy stuff to the chicken would make a delicious and flavorful burger and being prime grilling season adding some smokey flavor from the grill would just put these over the top. Slathered with a little Dijon-Mayo on a bun with some lettuce, tomato, and caramelized onions they were yummy- moist, flavorful with a lovely tang from the tomatoes and much healthier than a beef burger. All in all, not too shabby a dinner from just things I found in the fridge. Stay tuned for the next episode of Bungalow Fridge Chopped! Enjoy!


1 lb ground chicken breast
3 cups de-ribbed kale, chopped
2 Tbl olive oil
2 large cloves garlic,minced
1 onion, diced
2 Tbl olive oil
4 sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped

In a pan heat up the first 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the garlic. Add the kale and saute the kale till tender. Cool the kale mixture, chop it, garlic and all and add it to the chicken breast. Saute the onion in the remaining oil until nicely caramelized, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and add to the chicken along with the sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into patties and grill or pan fry.


Comments

Popular Posts