amazon

Olive Pesto

This is another one of my favorite dips to make and serve on Shabbat with challah. When I want a more pesto-y consistency I add another half cup of olive oil but with challah I prefer it more spreadable. It's only appropriate to post this on Chanukah, where olives and olive oil are thematic. I made a big batch of this pesto at the start of Chanukah and I have been using it in everything including a delicious pasta that you'll get to see next week. Enjoy!


1 can pitted, green olives
4 cloves garlic
3 Tbl pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
zest of one lemon
juice of half a lemon
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup good olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste (be careful with the salt as the olives and Parmesan are salty)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (omit for pareve meals)

In a food processor add the olives, garlic, pine nuts, cilantro, zest and juice and red pepper flakes. Process it until smooth and then slowly drizzle the olive oil in while the machine is running. Season with pepper and mix the Parmesan in by hand.




Comments

Popular Posts