amazon

Pesach Recipes 2013


It's that time of year again- time to start planning Pesach meals! Is it only me who thinks this year went super fast? I feel like I was just planning last year's meals! Good thing I enjoy making menus! I know I am not the only one combing every book and website looking for new recipes or how to convert my regular recipes for Pesach. I probably start this process a good 6 weeks before Pesach but I am never happy with the Pesach recipes- I much prefer to take what I would regularly make and make it work for Pesach. Here are a few recipes from my blog that would be great on Pesach-where substitutions are necessary they will be indicated. I've included dairy recipes as well that would be great for Chol Hamoed or for a dairy Chag meal-I always like to include one dairy meal over chag to break up what feels like one big chicken and meat fest. Enjoy and Chag Sameach!


Appetizers/ Soups
Stuffed Cabbage Soup - (leave out the rice)
Roasted Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup

Mains:
Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken (Omit the mustard)
KFP Fried Chicken
Chicken Marbella
Smothered Caramelized Onion Chicken
Greek Chicken- Not just for Chanukah! Substitute potato starch for flour
Cod Fillet with Melted Leeks, Mushrooms and Tomatoes

Sides/ Veggies:
Spiced Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Pesto Roasted Potatoes
Cajun Potato Wedges
Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Braised Red Cabbage 

Dairy:
Eggplant Involtini
French Toast Matzah Brei
Broccoli and Rice Casserole- Substitute QUINOA and omit mustard- yum!
Swiss Chard and Feta Latkes
Mini Frittatas
Greek Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Stuffed Sole- substitute matzah meal for the bread crumbs
Potato Leek Quiche with Shredded Potato Crust
Cheese Latkes- substitute  1/3 cup plus 1 Tbl potato starch for the flour



Comments

  1. Was looking at the carmelized onion chicken- can you get maple syrup in Israel that is KFP?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts