amazon

Avocado- Mango Salsa

I'm baaaaackkkkkkkk!!! That was the longest blogcation ever! Between catering, getting ready to go to America and settling in here for the summer a month has passed without a recipe post! Well, I am settled in, my pantry is stocked, and I'm ready to cook! I spent the past couple of days wandering around the Farmer's market and grocery stores just admiring the beautiful summer produce. I saw lots of beautiful zucchini (the bane of my summer cooking), funky shaped summer squashes, asparagus, golden corn,limes and lots more. But my eye wandered to the mangoes having not had one since last summer and I bought four of them. So first up is this little salsa I threw together with these sugar sweet mangoes and creamy ripe Costco avocados. I served it over some lightly marinated grilled chicken but feel free to serve it over salmon or just with some chips. It tasted fresh, sweet with just a little zing of heat from the jalapeno and ginger and was a perfect complement to the chicken. Enjoy!


1 ripe Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
1 Mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1 lime, juiced  (use lemon if you can't find lime)
1 small red onion, diced
1 small jalapeno pepper, diced finely
1/4 tsp finely minced ginger
1 1/2 Tbl freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl place the diced mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno and ginger. Squeeze the lime juice over it, add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.













Comments

Popular Posts