amazon

Blueberry Banana Bread


I know that in most people's minds summer is over,but since Labor day (other wise known in Israel as just a regular Monday) has not passed I wanted to sneak in one more summery post. I make banana bread all the time, mostly because no matter how we try to eat our bananas I always have at least 2-3 that turn on me before we can get to them. Once they start to turn that unappealing brown color is the perfect time for banana bread and there is a very fine line between "brown banana good for banana bread" and "brown banana good for garbage." So when I see the tell tale signs I drop everything and get another batch of banana bread in the oven. Can't let some perfectly good banana bread opportunity pass me by, right? Well, this need to use up those bananas is actually usually very annoying. I never see the brown bananas when I have nothing to do and all day to bake. Most of the time I am unpacking a million bags of groceries while making dinner and working on a catering job in utter exhaustion when I see the tell tale signs. I then have to make a monumental, herculean, super human effort to bake that bread but most of the time I do because banana bread is just that good. But every once in a while I try to change up the regular old recipe and so one summer day with lots of blueberries around I made this. Yum. Super moist. Bursting with blueberry flavor. Devoured within a day. Must make again soon. With that series of fragment sentences I give you this delicious recipe. Enjoy!



1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Mash the 3 bananas well and set aside. In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl mix together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Mix in the bananas and blueberries until fully incorporated. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center yields moist crumbs about an hour. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts