amazon

Mushroom and Avocado Quesadillas

This might be the easiest lunch I have ever made. I have had a hankering for Mexican food for a while and while I am obsessed with my Rice and Bean Enchiladas I was looking for something a little less time consuming, something I could just whip up for a hungry husband with little patience to wait for his meal. These Quesadillas just perfectly fit the bill. I used a sandwich maker to make them and from start to finish they took 6 minutes. Quesadillas are sort of like Mexican grilled cheese and you can add whatever you desire to them- veggies, refried beans, the works. I used what I had lying around so it was mushrooms and avocado for us. I like the addition of some salsa inside the quesadilla itself to give a little extra flavor but its important to add just a little so the quesadilla does not get soggy. I also added the salsa on top of the cheese to avoid it touching the tortilla. I dunked my crispy tortilla in some salsa and sour cream and loved every crispy, cheesy, gooey, spicy bite of it. Enjoy!



4-8 flour tortillas (depending on whether you are making them omelet tyle or traditional-see below)
3/4  cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4  cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 Tablespoons salsa
1 pint mushrooms, sliced
1 ripe avocados, sliced thin
1 tsp oil, for frying if using a fry pan
salsa and sour cream, for serving


If you are making the quesadillas "omelet" style where you will fold them over then only add the ingredients on one half of the tortilla so you can easily fold them over. If you are making them the traditional way then you place the ingredients over the whole surface of the tortilla and top with a second one. Lay out the four tortillas and divide half of each cheese mixture among them. Drizzle one tablespoon of salsa on top of the cheese and then top with sliced mushrooms and avocado and then add the second half of the cheese on top. Fold over to make them "omelet" style or add another tortilla on top for traditional style. Heat oil in frying pan and fry on one side till crisp and then gently flip over to crisp the other side. They are ready when they are crisp and the cheese is melted. Alternatively you can add them to a sandwich maker.











Comments

Popular Posts