amazon

Curry Coconut Zucchini Soup

Spring is here! The weather is absolutely marvelous and lovely spring/summer vegetables and fruits are starting to show their faces. I cannot tell you how happy I was when I saw the first peach in the supermarket over Pesach and just this week I saw the first cherries for sale. I love this season! Spring is the season for lots of green veggies like artichokes, asparagus, peas etc and though zucchini is more a summer vegetable, this green soup makes me feel super springy. I was planning on doing a traditional chicken soup this Friday night but found such beautiful bright green zucchini (not the pale, flavorless, light green squash that is often sold here) that I had to buy it. A quick perusal through my blog will tell you that coconut and curry are one of my favorite combos and since this soup required only ingredients I had lying around I had to make it. Let me tell you, it's a winner and it is great at room temperature too if you are too hot for warm soup. Off to have another bowl- enjoy!

1 Tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
2 Tablespoons curry powder
4 large zucchini, sliced
2 medium potatoes, sliced
7 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp brown sugar or white sugar, optional
salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a soup pot and saute the onion, garlic and ginger for two minutes. Add the curry powder and saute a little more until fragrant. Add the zucchini, potatoes and stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook until the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender. Stir in the coconut milk and sugar. Check for seasoning, re-seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.


Comments

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts